This is a sequence designed for a class of 1ère STI2D. The final tasl is a multimedia presentation about energy production.
Here are the different documents we used:
- a Power point presentation to start with after giving the definition of « Sustainable development: Présentation-eolienne
- A video that students watch on a computer: How Wind Turbines Generate Electricity with the comprehension sheet: GAPFILLHOW_IT_WORKS
- Then after discussing the different advantages and disadvantages of wind energy, a recap exercise to do on the computers in pairs: Recap-how it works and the correction Recap_how it works_correction
- The evaluation on this sequence is based on the same document with only 6 pictures to comment + some vocabulary and grammar exercises.
- Then the students prepare their own presentation in pairs. They choose a new form of energy.
Here is a Listening comprehension I did with my BTS IRIS after studying a text and video about Google’s self driving car. I will post the video and text soon.
Here is the grid for the evaluation:
Here is a whole sequence about Full Body Scanners.
- full body scanner
- TSA to remove full-body scanners
This sequence is part of a theme about new inventions and security. Here is what I do with my BTS IRIS students:
- First , I give them the short article from THAINDIAN NEWS. They explain what happened and what problem this incident raised. Then I ask them to imagine what the « new measures » mentioned in the text will consist in.
- I then hand out the text about the scanner with worksheet n°1. They do the global comprehension. Their homework is to do the vocabulary exercises and read the text again.
- During the second hour, we correct the homework and continue with worsheet n°2. The aim is to practice comparison and different expressions of contrast. We work for about 2 hours on the comprehension of the text, with a lot of recaps and rephrasing exercises.
- Finally, after having done the branching out at home, I ask them what can passengers who undergo the scan may think about it. Then I show them the video from Youtube and we discuss about it.
As for the evaluation, it can be a listening comprehension on a video about a similar invention and/or an essay in which they give their opinion about the scanners versus the body search, for example. Personnally I did both.
A text from the Economist about a future invention with a comprehension grid to help students understand the text.
And here is the teacher’s sheet:
FIGURES Erin Brokovitch
Erin Brokovitch\’s number(s)
Here is a little exercise based on an extract from the film Erin Brokovitch. Your students will enjoy practicing the listening with this short video. The aim of the game is then to make them repeat all the numbers and figures as quickly as possible. I use it with my first year accountancy students.
Bienvenue dans unblog.fr. Ceci est votre premier article. Modifiez-le ou supprimez-le, puis lancez-vous !